How to Avoid a Fitness Fallout this Season
16 Oct 2019
The temperature is dropping and the days are shortening. With sweater weather right around the corner we know that it can get tough to keep up with your fitness routine. However, exercise is important for your health, no matter what time of year it is. So, if you’ve been known to skip a workout or two during the colder months, keep reading for some tips on how to stay healthy and strong through the fall and winter months!
- Don’t wait until the New Year to set fitness goals. How many times have you told yourself, “I’ll start Monday,” and then it turned into next Monday and so on and so forth? Don’t fall victim to the it can wait until tomorrow cycle with your fitness goals this season – set your goals and start hitting them now! Tip: You’re more likely to stick with goals that you put in writing, so jot them down and give yourself a deadline.
- Skip the takeout – cook at home. Cooking your meals at home is a great way to save calories and money! Not only is it much easier to keep up with your nutrition when you know exactly what is in the food you’re eating, it’s also a great way to monitor your portion sizes. So, grab your apron and get cooking! Tip: Preparing your food in bulk is a great way to save time in the kitchen and to ensure that you have a meal to grab as you rush out the door to go to work.
- Don’t lay down on your morning fitness routine. We understand, as the temperature drops, it becomes increasingly harder to roll yourself out of the bed in the morning to hit the gym. This season, make it a point to keep up with your morning fitness routine. Finding a workout buddy to hold you accountable is a great way to stay motivated. You can also try placing your alarm (or phone) away from your bed so that you have to get up to turn it off – added bonus: you’ll likely get better sleep if you’re not scrolling through your newsfeed before bed.
- Try indoor fitness. If you typically turn to the outdoors for fitness, colder weather is the perfect excuse to give indoor fitness a go. There are plenty of options to choose from, but we think 9Round is the best option. ;-) With our HIIT-style kickboxing-themed programming, you’re able to knock out a full-body workout in only 30 minutes, so you will be curled up with a blanket, a cup of hot chocolate, and your favorite Netflix show in no time! If you’re not a member yet, snag your free intro workout with the link below!
- Celebrate maintenance, not just weight loss. It’s easy to get disheartened when you’re not seeing the results that you had hoped for, but the bottom line is, maintenance should be considered an accomplishment too. It’s all too common to pack on some undesired pounds this time of year, so if you manage to maintain your current physique, and stay strong and healthy, that’s an achievement too!
Ready to harvest a new fitness habit this fall? Claim your free workout below and our 9Round trainers will give you a KILLER workout that is sure to keep you warm this cold weather season!