9Round Fitness Blog
National Women’s Health Week: Healthy Habits for Every Girl Boss
It’s never too early (or too late) to start working towards a healthier you! That’s why, for National Women’s Health Week, we want to give women a reason to take control of their health and wellness. At 9Round, we celebrate women’s health every week, but this week we’re giving a special shout out to all the hardworking ladies in our lives. From mothers to grandmothers, and everyone in between, it’s so easy to let everyday tasks take priority over taking care of yourself. Here are few ways every boss lady can build positive health habits:
1. Get active. It’s no secret that women lead busy lives, so free time for exercise can be hard to come by. Having an extra hour or two to work out isn’t always a realistic goal, but you don’t need as much time as you think! The Office on Women’s Health, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, suggests at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Instead of watching television reruns that you’ve seen a million times, going for a walk in the park is an easy swap that isn’t too time consuming – and it doubles as family time when you bring the kiddos along. Women of all ages can benefit from just half an hour of being active, and 9Round is designed to help you make the most out of those 30 minutes with a full-body kickboxing workout. Exercising consistently could even help lower the risk against serious health problems, like heart disease or strokes.
2. Visit a doctor or nurse for a wellness visit. Going to the doctor can be a chore that can easily be left off your to-do list, but regular checkups shouldn’t be pushed to the back of your mind. Our bodies need routine checkups, just like a car needs a regular tune-up over time. Think of a check-up as part of your fitness routine, because health and fitness go hand in hand. Annual check-ups are also a good time for any preventative screenings and asking for tips on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
3. Make your mental health a priority. Women can be guilty of putting others’ needs before their own – so this is a reminder to take time for self-care, which includes getting enough sleep and managing stress. We’ve mentioned how working out can help improve sleep and stress in a recent blog, and it’s so significant that it can even be found in the 9Round mission statement, “Making members stronger in 30 minutes, physically and mentally”.
4. Keep calm and drink more water. Dehydration can cause fatigue, so keeping up with your water intake can make you feel more energized throughout the day! Some of us ladies are in a committed relationship with caffeine to get us through long days but swapping out a sugary iced coffee for H2O can help you cut back on empty calories and stay hydrated! If you want to amp up the flavor, you can even add your favorite fruits and herbs for an infused refresher when the midday coffee craving kicks in. Staying hydrated is not just something that’s nice to do, it’s imperative – especially when you have an active lifestyle.
5. Create an attitude of gratitude. Adding in positive thinking not only boosts your mood and improves your relationships, but also promotes a happier (and healthier) lifestyle altogether. One study suggests that thankful thinking can help you feel more optimistic about life and even help you sleep better at night. If your mom ever left little motivational sticky notes in your lunchbox as a kid, now it’s your turn to give her little reminders that she’s just as awesome.
It’s time to choose a healthy lifestyle, and what better time to start than right now? Give yourself and your loved ones the gift of a healthy, happy life. Celebrate National Women’s Health Week and encourage all women to make their wellness a priority. Building healthy habits will help achieve fitness goals, so it’s all about taking the first step.